IIT Madras 5 years Integrated ( HSEE ) Coaching
The Department of Humanities and Social Science HSS at IIT Madras is one of the earliest departments established at IIT madras and offers various prestigious courses for undergraduates and post graduate students.
From year 2007 They have launched Five years Integrated Programme on Master of Arts (M.A.) With special focus on liberal studies and social science.
Integrated programme offers M.A. under two streams:
- Integrated M.A. in English Studies
- Integrated M.A. in Development Studies
These programmes are designed to expose students to many ideas and perspectives about global history, economics, philosophy, sociology etc. The students choose their streams of specialization at the end of the second year after taking a wide variety of courses in various disciplines in their first two years. From Third year they are to choose the specialization.
The programme imparts substantial knowledge of Indian economy, literature, philosophy, culture, society, and public policy. It provides opportunities for learning foreign language. Currently German, French and Chinese are offered.
Admission for HSEE course
Admission is given based on result of Humanities and Social Sciences Entrance Examination (HSEE). Total Intake for programme is 46 students. Each stream will have 23 seats. Allocations of seats to individual streams will be made based on the academic performance of students (CGPA)during the first three semesters, students' preferences, and availability of seats under each discipline.
- One Time payment - Rs.3550
- Semester Fees - Rs.12597
- Refundable Deposit - Rs.2000
- Refundable Hostel Deposit - Rs.3000
- Hostel and other fees - Rs.25930
HSEE 2019 Eligibility
Candidates meet HSEE 2019 eligibility criteria if they have cleared any of the below mentioned examinations with qualifying marks in 2017 or are appearing for them in 2019:
The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by a Central or State Board recognised by the Association of Indian Universities
Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a Board or University recognised by the Association of Indian Universities.
Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defense Academy.
Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
Any Public School, Board or University examination in India or in a foreign country recognised as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities.
HSC vocational examination.
General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London, Cambridge or Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
Age Limit : General category candidates are eligible to apply for HSEE 2019 if they are born on or after October 1, 1994. SC/ST/PwD candidates are given age relaxation of 5 years.
HSEE 2019 exam is divided into two parts. HSEE Part I comprises of objective type questions that candidates need to attempt in 2.5 hours duration whereas Part II is a descriptive test that is of 30 minutes duration. The question paper will be in English language.
HSEE-2019 has two parts:
English (25% marks of Part I)
- Reading skills: answer the comprehension questions on given passage
- Grammar: English grammer includes sentence structure and usage, the use of tenses, verb patterns, articles, and active and passive constructions and others
- Vocabulary: Vocabulary knowledge along with ability to understand meaning, structure and collocation of words
Analytical and Quantitative Ability (25% marks of Part I)
- Analytical skills and Quantitative abilities: includes Numbers, Algebra, HCF and LCM, Calendar, Basic Statistics - Average, Ratio and proportion, Profit and Loss, Percentages, Simple and Compound Interest, Work and time, Discount, Age sums, Linear equations, Elementary trigonometry, Data interpretation, Analytical reasoning, Logical reasoning, Brainteasers and Patterns.
- Indian Economy: Concepts on Understanding the Economy, Main Features, Major Economic problems, Economic Growth and Development, Sectoral Development, Foreign Trade and International Economy and Money, Banking and Public Finance
- Indian Society and Culture: Understanding of Structure of Indian Society, Social Change in India, Medieval and Modern Indian History, Indian Philosophy and Thinkers, Indian Traditions and Knowledge Systems
- World Affairs: Major events and its outcomes, situational affects, problems and controling efforts towards them
- Environment and Ecology: Global Environmental Picture, Ecosystems, Pollution and alternative Energy
- Essay writings: Topics based on current affairs and general knowledge
|Online Application and Payment of Examination Fee - Starts
Payment Option A:
Net Banking / Credit Card / Debit Card - Starts
Payment Option B:
Indian Bank Challan - Starts
|December 12, 2018|
|Last Date for submission of online application|
|1) for payment made by Option A - Ends||January 23, 2019|
|2) for payment made by Option B (step -2 must have been completed by January 23, 2019) - Ends||January 24, 2019|
|Application Status can be Checked from the HSEE website by Candidates - Starts||February 13, 2019|
|Admit Card can be Downloaded from the HSEE Website by Candidates - Starts||March 20, 2019|
|Admit card can be downloaded from the HSEE Website by Candidates - Ends||April 21, 2019|
|Examination Date for HSEE-2019||April 21, 2019|
|Declaration of Result on HSEE Website||May 13, 2019|
|Offer letter can be downloaded from the HSEE website by Successful Candidates - Starts||May 14, 2019|
For Further information students may refer official website of IIT Madras. For HSEE Coaching and Tutorial kindly contact Navigator academy.